It is important to understand when setting a goal whether it is a finite goal, i.e. a task that can be completed and checked off a list, or a repetitive goal such as forming a weekly habit of meditation.
If you are setting a finite goal you might want to think about:
- A deadline – when you would like to achieve the goal by?
- A plan – what are the steps you must take to achieve this goal?
- Resources – what can support you with achieving this goal?
When setting repetitive goals, you might consider:
- Regularity – how often do you want to repeat this goal or action?
- Routine – will repeating the action at the same time each week support you to maintain this goal?
- Longevity – for how long do you plan to repeat this goal?