Have you ever felt sleepy or sluggish after lunch? Do you feel most alert and productive at a certain time every day? Everyone has natural rhythms that impact how much energy they have throughout each 24-hour period. You may have heard of your circadian rhythm as it relates to sleep, but this rhythm is present throughout your entire day — even when you are awake! This course will help you understand what energy cycles are, how they can work for you, and how to schedule your time in ways that will work with your body’s natural ebb and flow.
By the end of this course, you will understand the following:
- Understand how the human body has built-in energetic highs and lows throughout the day
- Discover when you are likely to be at your most alert and focused (or distracted) based on your energy cycles
- Learn what tasks fit best with your peaks and how to plan your day to be more in line with natural changes in your energy
- Learn how to use 90-minute sprint periods to be more productive
- Learn how to harness sleep for long-term benefits in your circadian rhythm
We know that different people like to learn in different ways. If you like to write notes as you work through a course, here’s a handy study guide (.PDF) for you, in printable or “fillable” form. Use the printable version if you would like to print out the study guide and write down your notes. Or, if you prefer to use a PDF reader you can take notes on your favorite handheld device using the “fillable” version.”