This guide reviews the concept of proactive and reactive behaviors in depth. By bringing awareness to your decision making process, you will become able to see how you’ve responded either proactively or reactively in previous situations in your life, while also applying what you’ve learned to future scenarios. This course will equip you with the tools needed to take greater responsibility for your life and in turn, be more proactive, more productive and ultimately, more successful.
By the end of this course, you will understand the following:
- Develop an understanding of proactive and reactive behavior
- Learn the advantages of being proactive
- Learn the disadvantages of being reactive
- Learn when being reactive can be the appropriate response
- Self-reflect on where you are in the proactive/reactive spectrum
- Learn techniques geared towards becoming more proactive in your personal and professional life
- Take actions geared towards becoming more proactive
We know that different people like to learn in different ways. If you like to write notes as you work through a course, here’s a handy study guide (.PDF) for you, in printable or “fillable” form. Use the printable version if you would like to print out the study guide and write down your notes. Or, if you prefer to use a PDF reader, you can take notes on your favorite handheld device using the “fillable” version.