In this course, we will look at a model of leadership called Servant Leadership, as well as some well–known examples of Servant Leadership. We would learn what about the benefits as well as the challenges of this leadership style, how it impacts an organization and what qualities define the Servant Leader. We would conclude the course by looking at prominent people in history and present times who fit the description of a Servant Leader and how they were able to achieve this.
By the end of this course, you will understand the following:
- The meaning of Servant Leadership
- The qualities that are demonstrated by a Servant Leader
- The beliefs and practices underpinning this model
- The benefits and challenges of Servant Leadership as a model
- Some examples of Servant Leaders from past and current times
We know that different people like to learn in different ways. If you like to write notes as you work through a course, here’s a handy study guide (.PDF) for you, in printable or “fillable” form. Use the printable version if you would like to print out the study guide and write down your notes. Or, if you prefer to use a PDF reader you can take notes on your favorite handheld device using the “fillable” version.