A goal is something you want to do or achieve. Most people have goals, even if they are only subconscious. For example, we all have an idea of where we would like to be at some point in the future, even if the vision is fuzzy right now. In general, people who are adept at setting goals and achieving them are happier and more successful – in their life and in their work. We are about to embark on a journey to learn more about goals, how to set them and how to achieve them.
By the end of this course, you will understand the following:
- Understand the importance of clarifying goals
- Learn how commitment plays a critical role in achieving goals
- Identify several methods of monitoring goal progress
- Understand how to be consistent in order to achieve goals
“A dream is a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.”
– Harvey Mackay, businessman, speaker, author
We know that different people like to learn in different ways. If you like to write down some notes as you work through a course, here’s a handy study guide (.PDF) for you, in printable or “fillable” form. Use the printable version if you would like to print out the study guide and write down your answers. Or, if you prefer to use a PDF reader on your favorite handheld device to work through the Study Guide, use the “fillable” version.