Any work environment can have distractions. When you are working in an office, these distractions are likely to be things like chatting with colleagues at the printer, conversations happening by your desk, or colleagues coming to interrupt you. As a virtual worker, you will have to deal with different sources of distraction. These are most likely to be in your home environment or online. It can be a challenge for a virtual worker to maintain focus and doing so requires a degree of discipline and preparation. In this course, we will explore some of the ways you can avoid distractions and stay focused when working virtually.
By the end of this course, you will understand the following:
- How to work in alignment with your natural energy and habits
- How to keep task-focused with a to-do list
- How to set up a workspace to support good focus
- How to mitigate the distractions of social media and the news
- The importance of taking breaks
- How exercise and healthy eating support focus
We know that different people like to learn in different ways. If you like to write notes as you work through a course, here’s a handy study guide (.PDF) for you, in printable or “fillable” form. Use the printable version if you would like to print out the study guide and write down your notes. Or, if you prefer to use a PDF reader, you can take notes on your favorite handheld device using the “fillable” version.