You probably know that it’s important to eat well, get a good night’s sleep, and exercise regularly to keep your body fit and healthy. But did you know that all of these activities can impact your brain as well? Your brain is one of the most energy-intensive organs in your body, using close to 20% of your body’s energy each day. Everything you do to energize or take care of your body affects your brain and mental well – being as well. In this course, we will focus on how stress, exercise, sleep and food can impact your mood, focus and overall brain health. You will also develop strategies to support your brain’s health. Let’s eat some brain food!
By the end of this course, you will understand the following:
- Learn about your brain and how it is impacted by food, sleep, stress, and exercise
- Read about how stress and lack of sleep can impact not only your body, but your mind
- Understand how exercise can impact your brain function, both long-term and short-term
- Discover what foods can help your brain function at its best
- Create strategies in your daily life to optimize your brain and mental well-being
We know that different people like to learn in different ways. If you like to write notes as you work through a course, here’s a handy study guide (.PDF) for you, in printable or “fillable” form. Use the printable version if you would like to print out the study guide and write down your notes. Or, if you prefer to use a PDF reader, you can take notes on your favorite handheld device using the “fillable” version.