Journaling Activity – Your Brain & Stress
Write in your journal about the activity described below.
Develop strategies to support your brain at work. How can you support your brain health in the upcoming week? After each section, indicate how you will support your brain health. Copy and paste this into your journal to aid in recording your thoughts.
- Food: Is there a way you could prepare brain-rich foods and bring them to work?
- This week, to feed my brain, I will…
- Exercise: How can you make a point to move throughout the day?
- Do you work in a tall building? Try taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Can you park farther out in the parking lot in order to get a few extra steps in?
- This week, to exercise my brain, I commit to…
- Sleep: While you probably can’t sleep at work, how can you take breaks to give your brain time to rest and recover throughout the day?
- This week, to rest my brain, I will…
- Stress: While some forms of stress are healthy, chronic stress is bad for your brain health.
- Can you identify one area of stress at work and make a short plan to make things different on a day-to-day basis?
- What are some things you can plan to do to relax and rejuvenate yourself?
- This week, to help my brain relax, I will…