Being a perfectionist can often seem like a positive thing, and perfectionists certainly have many positive traits such as their attention to detail and commitment to excellence. But perfectionism has a downside too: the potential to miss deadlines, impede progress and insist on control, all with the intention of perfecting the outcome. Self-awareness is key to overcoming these traits in yourself, plus it makes you more able to talk about traits like this with others. Now that you’re more aware of the potential for perfectionism in work and life, you can increase your enjoyment and reduce the stress around getting things exactly right, and then ultimately get more work done.
Discussion questions are used by workgroups who are taking courses concurrently and want to engage in a conversation about the course content. The use of discussion questions is optional.
- What are the perceived benefits of perfectionism at work?
- What are some ways perfectionism has held you or the group back in the past?
- How would you like to receive feedback?
- What is more difficult for you: starting your work or getting it finished?
- How can others support you to make more progress at work?
Please take a moment to rate this course from 1 (low) to 10 (high) on the scale below.